One of the easiest ways to get the Spanish Residency is through the Golden Visa Program. This investor permit grants NON-EU Nationals to attain the Spanish residency for one year (plus having the option of renewing this business visa in order to extend the stay). And it does not require residing in Spain (over 183 days), just visiting the country once during the period of residence.
|• Real estate assets (€500,000) interest.|
• Shares of a Spanish company or bank deposits (€1 million)
• Public debt (€2 million)
|• Entrepreneurs who start Business projects in Spain considered being of general interest. The general interest report will be requested from the Spanish Economic and Trade Office.|
How to apply to the Spanish Investor Visa is really simple. As your golden visa lawyers, we will handle everything for you after you bring us all the documentation required.
Which are the documents required to get the Spanish investor permit?
| Identity document or passport.|
Public or private health insurance taken out with a company operating in Spain.
| Proof of sufficient funds to support the applicant and members of his/her family during residence in Spain.|
Documents providing proof of the investment, such as property, unlisted shares and equity, listed shares, public debt, bank deposits, business project.
On 28 September 2013 the law in support of entrepreneurs and their internationalization came into effect, which introduces a new framework (Title V Section 2 International Mobility) for qualified immigration, promoting the international mobility of professionals and executives and attracting foreign investment.
The program is based on the establishment of a flexible system that is specific to the concession of visas and residency authorizations while safeguarding those guarantees that are essential for our society’s security and the sustainability of our public services.The objectives of the program are as follows:
· To promote the enterprise culture and create an environment that is conducive to economic activity.
· To facilitate the entry of investment and talent for the purpose of fostering economic growth and creating jobs.
· To obtain these objectives, entrance into Spain and residency permits are facilitated in the interest of the economy, for the following categories:
Highly Skilled Professional Residence
R&D&i and Training Residence
Intra-Corporate Transferee Residence
What type of permit or visa is applicable to this category?
A Residence visa for a one year residence.
Two-year residence permit that can be renewed:
– If the investment is maintained, and
– If you have made at least one visit to Spain during the residence period.
To request the initial residence permit you must already hold an investor visa.
What other benefits are there?
The residence permit allows its holder to live and work anywhere in Spain.
The awarding of this residence permit does not require actual residence in Spain, which is considered to be that over 183 days. The only requirement is to visit Spain once during the period of residence.
Combined processing of permits for couples and their children.
Who can apply for the golden visa program?
Investors who make a significant investment in Spain:
– Real estate assets (€500,000)
– Shares or bank deposits (€1 million)
– Public debt (€2 million)
– Business projects in Spain considered being of general interest.
Where do I apply for this residency permit?
• Visas will be processed at the Spanish Consulate in your country of origin or residence.
• Residence permits will be processed by the Large Business and Strategic Groups Unit [Unidad de Grandes Empresas y Colectivos Estratégicos (UGE-CE)].
What are the requirements and what documents are needed?
• General documents:
– Identity document or passport.
– Public or private health insurance taken out with a company operating in Spain.
– Background check.
– Proof of sufficient funds to support the applicant and members of his/her family during residence in Spain.
Which are the specific documents needed in order to apply for the golden visa citizenship?
Documents providing proof of the investment:
Property: certificate of registration of the property and purchase deeds of the real estate.
Where do I request the general interest report?
For visas, the report on entrepreneurial activity of interest should be requested from the Spanish Economic and Trade Office in the same area where the visa is requested.
For residence permits, the general interest report should be requested before applying for a residence permit at the Directorate-General for Trade and Investment.
What should I bring to request the report?
The business plan of the project, specifically: the professional profile of the investor, the type of business activity, the number of jobs that will be created, the features and qualifications required for each, where the project will be set up (geographical area), how much the investment will be and the origin of the funds.
What is a project in the general interest?
One that creates jobs.
Investments with a social and economic impact on the geographical area where they are made.
One that makes a significant contribution to scientific and/or technological innovation.