Golden visa

The easiest way to get the residency in Spain by investing in real estate.

Invest in Spain and get the Residency trough the golden visa program

One of the easiest ways to get the Spanish Residency is through the Golden Visa Program. This investor permit grants NON-EU Nationals to attain the Spanish residency for one year (plus having the option of renewing this business visa in order to extend the stay). And it does not require residing in Spain (over 183 days), just visiting the country once during the period of residence.

"Maintaining the investment and visiting at least once a year Spain will enable you to renew your residency permit easily"


Forget about a long list of requirements and paperwork. You will just need to invest 500.000€ in Spanish real estate, and the permit will be yours.


Once you have obtained the golden visa, you will be able to move easily and freely within the Schengen area.


In order to maintain and renew the investor permit, you will need to travel to Spain just once per year (no need to be living in the country for more than 183 days, as other permits require).


Besides getting your visa as a main investor, you will be also able to apply for the residency of your spouse and children in the same procedure


As the visa gold is a residence and work authorization also, you will be granted the possibility to legally work in te country.

Do you have any doubt? Let us help you (fast response guaranteed)

Fast response guaranteed, 24/7.


 Who can apply for the Golden Visa scheme?

Investors who make a significant investment in Spain:

  • Real estate assets (€500,000) interest.
  • Shares of a Spanish company or bank deposits (€1 million)
  • Public debt (€2 million)
  • Entrepreneurs who start Business projects in Spain considered being of general interest. The general interest report will be requested from the Spanish Economic and Trade Office.

Documents required to get the Spanish investor permit 

To apply to the Spanish Investor Visa is really simple. As your golden visa lawyers, we will handle everything for you after you bring us all the documentation required.

Which are the documents required to get the Spanish investor permit?

  • Identity document or passport.
  • Public or private health insurance taken out with a company operating in Spain.
  • Background check.
  • Application form.
  • Proof of sufficient funds to support the applicant and members of his/her family during residence in Spain.
  • Documents providing proof of the investment, such as property, unlisted shares and equity, listed shares, public debt, bank deposits, business project.
online immigratrion

We will submit your application online

Our team will take care of sending the application or renewal documents for your application completely online, so you can get the residency without having to leave your home.


J Osterwalder
J Osterwalder
Read More
The service is excellent and they know the system very well and how it works. They keep up on all new laws and regulations. Provide excellent and efficient service with great results. I use Immigration Lawyers Spain for my personal immigration needs and we also use them for our corporate immigration needs.
Sam Watfa
Sam Watfa
Read More
This is an great team which i highly recommend, they provide the needed help and assistance in all legal maters, not only regarding emigration. If you are looking for a a legal partner in Spain, you are in the right place.
John Doe
John Doe
Read More
Highly recommended. Without their help I'm not sure how we would have figured out our immigration situation here!
Thomas Reynecke
Thomas Reynecke
Read More
I had a great experience meeting with Cristian at Immigration Lawyers Spain. I was referred to the firm by an old friend who was extremely impressed with the service she received. My first meeting was informal, informative and great value for money as the team took their time to explain my options for immigration very thoroughly. This type of personal attention I have not experienced with lawyers before- especially not in a foreign country. I left with a very clear understanding of the process and options and now I am well on my way to become a permanent resident of my most favourite city in the world.
Robert de Palma
Robert de Palma
Read More
I have been working with Immigration Lawyers Spain for over 5 years and I have recommended their amazing and professional service to many other friends and universities, the best lawyers in the whole country.

What will you gain by getting the GOLDEN VISA PERMIT with us?

You would just need to sign. We will fill out for you all the necessary documents and send them to the competent authority.

We will help you with the property investment and all the contracts needed, as well as all translations of the documents

Which type of investment is more appropriate for me? We will help you decide where to put your money.



On 28 September 2013 the law in support of entrepreneurs and their internationalization came into effect, which introduces a new framework (Title V Section 2 International Mobility) for qualified immigration, promoting the international mobility of professionals and executives and attracting foreign investment.

The program is based on the establishment of a flexible system that is specific to the concession of visas and residency authorizations while safeguarding those guarantees that are essential for our society’s security and the sustainability of our public services.The objectives of the program are as follows:

· To promote the enterprise culture and create an environment that is conducive to economic activity.

· To facilitate the entry of investment and talent for the purpose of fostering economic growth and creating jobs.

· To obtain these objectives, entrance into Spain and residency permits are facilitated in the interest of the economy, for the following categories:

Investor Residence
Entrepreneur Residence
Highly Skilled Professional Residence
R&D&i and Training Residence
Intra-Corporate Transferee Residence


What type of permit or visa is applicable to this category?

A Residence visa for a one-year residency.

Two-year residence permit that can be renewed:

– If the investment is maintained, and
– If you have made at least one visit to Spain during the residency period.

To request the initial residence permit you must already hold an investor visa.

Access here an article with all the information to renew your golden visa. 

What other benefits are there?

The residence permit allows its holder to live and work anywhere in Spain.

The awarding of this residence permit does not require actual residence in Spain, which is considered to be that over 183 days. The only requirement is to visit Spain once during the period of residence.

Combined processing of permits for couples and their children.

Who can apply for the golden visa program?

Investors who make a significant investment in Spain:

– Real estate assets (€500,000)
– Shares or bank deposits (€1 million)
– Public debt (€2 million)
– Business projects in Spain considered being of general interest.

Where do I apply for this residency permit?

• Visas will be processed at the Spanish Consulate in your country of origin or residence.
• Residence permits will be processed by the Large Business and Strategic Groups Unit [Unidad de Grandes Empresas y Colectivos Estratégicos (UGE-CE)].

What are the requirements and what documents are needed?

• General documents:

– Identity document or passport.
– Public or private health insurance taken out with a company operating in Spain.
– Background check.
– Proof of sufficient funds to support the applicant and members of his/her family during residence in Spain.

Which are the specific documents needed in order to apply for the golden visa citizenship?

Documents providing proof of the investment:

Property: certificate of registration of the property and purchase deeds of the real estate.

  • Unlisted shares and equity: statement of investment filed with the Investments Register of the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (Registro de Inversiones).
  • Listed shares: document from a financial broker registered with the National Securities Market Commission (CMNV) or the Bank of Spain.
  • Public debt: certificate from the financial institution or the Bank of Spain indicating that the applicant has been the sole owner of the investment for a period of not less than five years.
  • Bank deposits: certificate from the financial institution indicating that the applicant is the sole owner of the bank deposit.
  • Business project: before applying for a visa or permit, a favorable report is required on the business and entrepreneurial activity intended to be carried out in Spain.

Where do I request the general interest report?

For visas, the report on the entrepreneurial activity of interest should be requested from the Spanish Economic and Trade Office in the same area where the visa is requested.

For residence permits, the general interest report should be requested before applying for a residence permit at the Directorate-General for Trade and Investment.

What should I bring to request the report?

The business plan of the project, specifically: the professional profile of the investor, the type of business activity, the number of jobs that will be created, the features and qualifications required for each, where the project will be set up (geographical area), how much the investment will be and the origin of the funds.

What is a project in the general interest?

One that creates jobs.

Investments with a social and economic impact on the geographical area where they are made.

One that makes a significant contribution to scientific and/or technological innovation.

5/5 (1 Review)