WHAT IS THE GOLDEN VISA?The Golden Visa is of the most demanded permanent residency permits in Spain. It is issued for those individuals who invest a certain amount of money in the country. It was created mainly considering Non-EU nationals, and it leads to a long-term visa if the investment is made in Spanish assets such as real estate, a bank account or public debt.
WHICH ARE THE REQUIREMENTS NEEDED IN ORDER TO OBTAIN THE GOLDEN VISA?There are three main option that you can choose in order to get your investor visa:
- Making an investment of at least 500.000 euros buying one or more properties or companies in the Spanish Territory (real estate)
- Possessing shares of a Spanish company for a value equal to or greater than 1M €, or a bank account with that same amount of money
- Owning Spanish public debt worth 2M € or more
- You need to have enough financial means to support yourself and your family. For that, you need to show at least 30.000 euros as the investor, and 10.000 euros more for every family member. This can be shown in bank accounts from any country.
- You will need to possess health insurance in the country
- No criminal records
- The passport will be needed