If you are planning to do some big investments in Spain, then the Golden Visa is the perfect residency permit for you. Its few requirements and easiness of application makes it a really attractive method to start living in Spain easily. Would you like to discover all the relevant information regarding this kind of permit, like how to apply for it, and how does it last, and much more? Then continue reading!
WHAT IS THE GOLDEN VISA?
The Golden Visa is of the most demanded permanent residency permits in Spain. It is issued for those individuals who invest a certain amount of money in the country. It was created mainly considering Non-EU nationals, and it leads to a long-term visa if the investment is made in Spanish assets such as real estate, a bank account or public debt.
WHICH ARE THE REQUIREMENTS NEEDED IN ORDER TO OBTAIN THE GOLDEN VISA?
There are three main option that you can choose in order to get your investor visa:
- Making an investment of at least 500.000 euros buying one or more properties or companies in the Spanish Territory (real estate)
- Possessing shares of a Spanish company for a value equal to or greater than 1M €, or a bank account with that same amount of money
- Owning Spanish public debt worth 2M € or more
Finally, once you choose one of the three previous paths, you must also take into consideration that:
- You need to have enough financial means to support yourself and your family. For that, you need to show at least 30.000 euros as the investor, and 10.000 euros more for every family member. This can be shown in bank accounts from any country.
- You will need to possess health insurance in the country
- No criminal records
- The passport will be needed
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE GOLDEN VISA?
Any investor who fulfills the before mentioned requirements will be eligible to apply for this kind of permit.
Furthermore, once the main investor obtains the golden visa, he or she can also start the application process for the residency permit for his or her spouse, and children.
FOR HOW LONG CAN I HAVE THE RESIDENCY?
The Golden Visa allows you to live legally in Spain for up to 5 years. How does this work? The permit duration lasts for one year, but you can apply, consecutively, to 4 renewals until you meet the whole length of the stipulated period.
If you want to start your investment NOW, and need legal help in order to manage the whole procedure, you have it easy now. Our specialized immigration lawyer team is ready to help.