Valid Courses for the Study Arraigo

valid courses study arraigo

The most important requirement to obtain the study arraigo is to commit to starting a course that will enable you to practice a specific profession. Thus, not all courses are valid, and choosing the right one for you will be essential to successfully its application procedure.

In this article we analyze exactly which courses are valid for the arraigo for studies, the requirements they must meet, and direct links to complete listings so that you can find your course quickly.

The training arraigo figure residency was created in Spain in order to qualify foreigners under an irregular situation so that they can start exercising a technical career in the country.

In other words, this residence permit is granted so that the foreigner can acquire all the necessary knowledge and skills to be able to fill a job position that actually requires those specific skills.

To ensure that the foreigner will end up working in a technical job, the training she chooses must expressly enable her to do so.

Thus, the course or training becomes the most important and key requirement for this application, and that is why it is the issue that is generating the most doubts.

What requirements must my training meet? Are all courses valid? How do I find courses?

The most important thing is to understand that NOT all courses are valid, and in order for them to be, they must meet a series of fundamental requirements.

But in addition to those requirements (which we will now see), the course you sign up for must lead to a certificate of professionalism or a certificate of technical aptitude.

You can find out more about these certificates here.

So, how can you make sure that your course is valid?

At the end of this post you can find direct links to listings with valid courses according to your location, but let’s look at the general requirements first.

But remember that you can also ask any questions to our immigration lawyers here:

Requirements the course must meet

What’s next is the list of requirements that all the courses valid for the “arraigo para la formación” must comply with.

The course must start within the next 3 months

The first requirement you must make sure you can meet is that you will be able to start the course within 3 months after you have obtained your training permit.

After obtaining this arraigo, you must prove that you have started the course, so you must choose one that allows you to do so within this period.

But, in addition (and this is key), courses already started would not be valid for your application.

Online courses are not valid

The legal text that regulates this type of permit textually states that the training must be “eminently face-to-face”.

This means that online or telematic courses will not be valid to apply for this type of arraigo.

This, although it may be somewhat complicated to understand in today’s world and the way in which people learn nowadays, is due to two main reasons:

  • Firstly, to ensure that the foreigner is indeed dedicated exclusively to studying, and does not work in parallel
  • And, on the other hand, to prevent the applicant from traveling to her country of origin (or outside Spain) and completing his or her training there

In this way, only courses that are taught fully in-person will be valid.

Minimum and maximum duration

What are the minimum and maximum durations your course can have?

On the one hand, Spanish law does not establish any minimum duration.

Therefore, any course you find within the 4 groups of available training courses that we will see below will be valid, no matter how short it is.

However, there is a maximum of 18 months.

Career opportunities

Although we often focus on the course as a final goal to achieve this type of arraigo, we must also look beyond.

One of the advantages of the arraigo for studies is that it allows the foreigner to apply for a work permit upon completion of their studies.

However, she will only be eligible for a work permit if she gets a job offer directly related to the studies she has completed during the 12 months of the arraigo for training.

That is why, before choosing a specific course, we must also think about the job potential and the career opportunities that the training will offer.

It is ideal to think about what kind of workers Spain needs right now, what professions have the greatest future potential, growth projection, and where we can grow more career-wise.

For example, commerce and hospitality are two sectors with a high demand for new workers, and with great potential for the future.

Obtaining a valid certificate

Finally, the training must enable and be necessary to exercise a specific occupation.

Thus, it is essential that the course you take, whatever it is, leads to obtaining an an official certification of professional qualifications that is within the National Catalog of Professional Qualifications.

You can access this catalog here.

The 4 types of studies valid

When you fill in and complete your application, you must select and include a course that is in one of the 4 established assumptions.

And you will do it through the model of responsible declaration that you can download here.

These 4 groups of valid training courses are:

  • Regulated professional training, specialization courses, certificates of professionalism, and certificates of competence.
  • Training leading to technical aptitude certification or professional qualification necessary for the exercise of a specific occupation. In this case, the training must be provided by an authorized center within the competent department.
  • Training promoted by the public employment services (SEPE), which must be included in the catalog of training activities, with a duration equal to or greater than 200 hours.
  • Official master’s degrees and university continuing education programs.

Find your course here (listings)

Within the group of professional training courses (group 1 in the previous section), you can find the valid courses in the State Register of Non-University Teaching Centers (RCD), which divides the training courses by Autonomous Communities.

Click here to access this register

On the other hand, the SEPE portal also offers a search engine that will allow you to find certificates of professionalism by specialty or by professional occupation.

You can access the search engine here

Basically, we are talking about the eligible professional families are:

  • Physical and Sports Activities
  • Administration and Management
  • Agrarian
  • Graphic Arts
  • Commerce and Marketing
  • Building and Civil Works
  • Electricity and Electronics
  • Mechanical Manufacturing
  • Hospitality and Tourism
  • Personal Image
  • Image and Sound
  • Food Industries
  • Extractive Industries
  • Installation and Maintenance
  • Wood, Furniture, and Cork
  • Maritime and Fishing
  • Chemical
  • Health
  • Safety and Environment
  • Textile, Apparel and Leather
  • Transport and vehicle maintenance
  • Glass and Ceramics

If you still have any doubts about your application or would like our team of lawyers to manage everything for you, please do not hesitate to contact us:

0/5 (0 Reviews)
valid courses study arraigo

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

¡Suscríbete a nuestra newsletter! | Subscribe to our newsletter!